Charges Suddenly Dropped Against Andrew Cuomo

(TheLibertyRevolution.com)- Disgraced former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo won’t face a sexual harassment criminal case after New York District Attorney Gregory Oakes announced on Monday that there is no sufficient legal basis to bring charges against him.

And while Cuomo celebrated the news, Oakes confirmed that his decision not to bring criminal charges against him was “not an exoneration.”

The DA’s decision means that all cases against Cuomo have now been dropped. The disgraced governor resigned in November of last year after New York Attorney General Letitia James concluded an investigation into reports by more than a dozen women that Cuomo had sexually assaulted them.

In a statement, Oakes said that the decision follows a thorough review of all available evidence and applicable laws.

“The Oswego County District Attorney’s Office has concluded that there is not a sufficient legal basis to bring criminal charges against former Governor Andrew Cuomo based upon the allegations of unwanted physical contact,” the statement continued.

Oakes insisted that “in no way” should he decision be interpreted as casting doubt on the accusations made by the alleged victims, or their character or credibility.

Virginia Limmiatis, one of the women who accused Cuomo of sexual assault, brought the criminal case in Oswego against the former governor. Speaking to the New York Post, she said that not only did Cuomo touch her breast inappropriately, but that he even whispered in her ear afterwards to “make up a patently ridiculous excuse to cover up his behavior.”

Mariann Wang, the attorney representing Limmiatis, said that not all violations of the law result in a criminal prosecution and the decision “does not mean Cuomo acted appropriately or lawfully towards Ms. Limmiatis or any of the other women who came forward, or that he didn’t cause them significant harm.”

Despite these obvious truths, Cuomo is reportedly “trying to convince people he’s been exonerated of sexual misconduct.”

Speaking to Bloomberg, the disgraced former governor even said that he wouldn’t rule out running for office again.

“I never resigned because I said I did something wrong, I said, I’m resigning because I don’t want to be a distraction,” he said.