Couple Placed Under HOUSE ARREST Over COVID-19 Diagnosis

( The COVID-19 outbreak has revealed just how many people are willing to sacrifice their freedoms, and just how many people in positions of power are willing to infringe on those freedoms instead of trusting most people to do the right thing. This is evident in the recent case of a Kentucky couple that has been placed under house arrest and slapped with ankle monitors after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

After being diagnosed, the couple refused to sign paperwork that stated they would self-quarantine throughout the rest of the illness. Even though they were willing to self-quarantine of their own accord.

The couple took the test as a precaution before taking a trip to visit family in Michigan, to ensure they wouldn’t spread the virus. After testing positive, Elizabeth Linscott said that she refused to sign the paperwork but had no problem with self-quarantining.

“My part was if I have to go to the ER, if I have to go to the hospital, I’m not going to wait to get the approval to go,” Linscott told a local news station, explaining why she refused to sign the paperwork.

After Linscott refused to sign, she received a text message explaining that the situation would be detailed to the local police department. Then, later that week, police officers turned up at their home.

“I open up the door, and there’s like eight different people, five different cars, and I’m like, ‘what the heck’s going on?’” she said. “This guy’s in a suit with a mask. It’s the health department guy, and they have three papers for us. For me, her, and my daughter,” Isiah Linscott explained.

The couple was then placed under house arrest and were fitted with ankle monitors that inform law enforcement officials if they leave a 200 feet perimeter around their home.

To be clear, this situation didn’t arise because the couple refused to self-quarantine. Both Elizabeth and Isiah Linscott said that they were self-isolating but didn’t want to sign paperwork mandating them to. Despite this, the director of public health reportedly told the judge that the couple refused to self-quarantine.