(TheLibertyRevolution.com)- On Monday, the Pentagon revealed that it had chosen to temporarily remove images and videos of Afghans who are said to have assisted the U.S. war effort overseas who are deemed to be vulnerable to the new Taliban government.
Previously, the Pentagon site had shared the images and videos to show who might be in danger in Afghanistan or elsewhere in the world for helping the Americans, but those images have been pulled down.
Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said that the images will only be uploaded to the website when it is deemed safe to do so.
Some 124,000 photographs and 17,000 videos were removed from the Defense Visual Information Distribution Service archive.
Kirby described it as a “mammoth undertaking” that took them almost two months. He said that they decided to remove the footage “out of an abundance of caution” (that was the phrase of the 2020 pandemic, remember!) and that they did it out of respect for America’s obligation to those individuals and their families.
The Taliban very quickly took control of Afghanistan as soon as President Joe Biden ordered the full withdrawal of American troops this summer, without first evacuating all American citizens and individuals who are believed to have assisted American forces.
After the Taliban took control of Kabul on August 15, the Biden administration very quickly realized that thousands of Americans were still stuck in Afghanistan and in danger – but little was said about the matter publicly.
The decision to remove these images was made months ago, and yet the news that it has finally been completed has only been announced this week.
It begs the question…just how many of these images have Jihadi terrorists gotten hold of, and how many people might be in danger in Afghanistan and elsewhere because the American government drew attention to them online?