Investigators Didn’t Talk To Prince Andrew’s Accuser Before Dropping Probe

(TheLibertyRevolution.com)- Last week, London’s Metropolitan Police dropped their part of an investigation into the sex abuse claims against Prince Andrew, Duke of York. The agency announced that it was taking “no further action” after completing two reviews that began after Virginia Giuffre claimed in a lawsuit that Prince Andrew sexually abused her on three separate occasions when she was 17-year-old.

On Tuesday, the UK Daily Mail alleged that, while detectives did speak with Prince Andrew’s lawyers as part of their probe, they did not speak to Giuffre before dropping their investigation.

Metropolitan Police, however, refused to confirm or deny whether or not its officers had spoken with Giuffre. However, it is unclear if a formal statement from her was ever taken.

Andrew’s legal team voiced no surprise that the investigation was dropped. A source close to Prince Andrew echoed that sentiment, telling the UK Daily Mail “It comes as no surprise” that the Metropolitan Police, having reviewed the claims for a third time, were taking no further action.

The source reiterated that the Duke has long maintained his innocence, and “despite pressure from the media and claims of new evidence,” the Metropolitan Police concluded that there was insufficient evidence “to warrant any further investigation.”

Prince Andrew is still facing a civil suit in New York in which Giuffre accused him of rape. Currently, his legal team is seeking to get the case thrown out.

The Metropolitan Police had previously examined the allegations made by Giuffre, but did not open a full investigation, saying the case was a matter for the US authorities. But after the civil suit was filed, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick asked her officers to review the claim.

And on Monday, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said that MPS officers reviewed a document released as part of the lawsuit, “as a matter of procedure.” The review was concluded, and the Met will be taking no further action.

Scotland Yard, however, said that it would continue to “liaise with other law enforcement agencies” who are heading up the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein.