Most Americans Think Donald Trump Has Better Chance To Beat Biden Over DeSantis

A recent survey presented two options for respondents regarding the 2024 general presidential election: Trump or DeSantis.

According to the LX News/YouGov poll, most Republicans think that former President Donald Trump is more likely to win the 2024 presidential election than Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Fifty-nine percent of Republicans believe that Trump has the highest probability of winning the presidential election, 27 percent believe that DeSantis has the best chance, and 13 percent are uncertain.

Around 35% of Democrats think DeSantis has a higher chance of winning than Trump, while 27% believe that Trump has a better chance. 38% are still undecided.

According to the survey, 39 percent of respondents believe that Trump has the best chance of winning, while 28 percent believe the same of the Florida governor. 33% are still uncertain.

Thirty-four percent of independents believe that Trump has the best chance, while 23 percent said DeSantis. Forty-three percent of independents are uncertain.

The survey was conducted from May 17-19, 2023, and included 1,000 American adult citizens. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percent.

Two other recent surveys showed that Republicans are more confident in Trump’s ability to win in 2024 than DeSantis, which coincides with this survey’s findings. The pictures were captured before DeSantis officially announced his candidacy for president.

According to a survey by The Economist/YouGov, 58% of Republicans are more confident in Trump defeating Biden than DeSantis, with only 27% expressing confidence in DeSantis.

Trump is leading among independents and Democrats, with 32 percent of independents choosing Trump and 27 percent choosing DeSantis. 41% of people are uncertain. 31% of Democrats selected Trump as the person they thought had a higher likelihood of winning, while 29% chose DeSantis. 40% of Democrats are still unsure.

A recent poll by Monmouth University revealed that 63 percent of Republicans consider Trump, the strongest candidate to compete against Biden.